Disagree with me on anything? Wonderful! Once again I am opening up this site for anyone to debate me publicly, right here at this blog, to make your points and show the world how wrong I am.
I’ve done this a few times before and they were always enjoyable. Here’s how it works.
Put a comment on this blog post or email me directly (theonlyblackdragon @ gmail.com). Tell me what topic you would like to debate me on. You can be ANYONE: a hater, a feminist, a fellow manosphere guy who disagrees with me on something, ANYONE. Your topic can be ANYTHING; older guys dating younger women, monogamy, marriage, politics, society, online dating, relationships, economics, finance, lifestyle, ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING is up for grabs. Obviously I will favor topics regarding man/woman relations, since that’s the overall point of this blog, but I will take other topics (poltics, etc) into consideration as well.
The only topics I will not allow are the topics that we have already addressed in past debates. These are:
- Wether or not nonmonogamy is good for society.
- Anything regarding complimenting women’s appearance.
- OLTRs. (I addressed most objections to OLTR here.)
Other than those, any topic is viable.
Once I get enough responses, I will select someone and we’ll debate it.
First, we will debate back-and-forth over email. You can choose who starts. When we’re done, I will copy and paste our emails here on this blog, completely unedited. The readers and commenters will decide who won.
During the email portion of the debate, we will both abide by the following rules:
1. There will be a limit of 1700 characters (including spaces) per response. That means before email me any responses, you’ll have to check your response with lettercount.com to make sure you’re under the 1700 character limit. I will abide by the same limitation.
2. The first person to make an ad hominem personal attack against the other, even an implied one, instantly loses the debate and the other person wins by default. (I will still publicly post the debate.) Clearly sarcastic remarks don’t count towards this and are perfectly fine.
(This is how I view debates in real life anyway. When I’m debating an issue with someone, and I state a fact / position / observation backing up my point, and the person responds with a “Fuck you” or “You just think you know everything,” then I know I’ve won. If I was truly wrong, the person could prove me wrong with facts. But if all he/she has is anger and personal attacks, it pretty much proves I’ve hit the target.)
3. You must stay on topic. Attempting to change the subject is another technique of a debater who knows he’s losing. I’ll do my best to keep you on topic, but if you keep veering off topic, I’ll have to end the debate and declare myself the winner. (I will still publicly post the debate.) Again, I will abide by the same limitation.
4. We can’t debate forever, so if the debate seems to be going on and on with no clear resolution, surrender, or compromise, I will end the debate, and we’ll leave it up to the readers and commenters to decide who the winner is.
That’s it! I hereby state publicly that I will adhere to the rules set forth above, and my opponent or the audience are more than welcome to point out if I violate any of my own rules.
Beyond what’s above, I really have no set rules on how the winner is determined. Maybe one of us will surrender. Maybe it will be a tie. Maybe I’ll leave it up to the audience. Other than the above parameters, we’ll play it by ear.
One last thing about this. Contrary to what you might think, I am actually willing to change my mind on strongly-held issues. However, the only way I do that is with facts and cogent points, not emotions, anger, snark, outrage, slogans, name-calling, or nitpicking. It can be done, folks. You just need to lay out your case and stay factual.
If you’d like to see our past debates we’ve had at this blog, here they are:
Debate 1: Part 1 (If nonmonogamy is good or bad for society)
Debate 2 (Complimenting women’s appearance)
Debate 3 (OLTRs)
If you’re a hater or someone who has always wanted to prove me wrong, now is your moment! Leave a comment below with your topic (or email me) and let’s go!